Approx. 12.5” x 8”
Click here to view dimensions (popup)
Under 4 lbs
- Power Usage
Odyssey at full brightness at 12V: 1.5 Amps.
SP-4: 80 mA with heater on
SP-2: 50 mA
RDAC: 80 mA max
(Use 5.0 Amp Fuse/Circuit Breaker for all devices)
- 10.4" Top quality, wide temperature range, direct sunlight viewable TFT screen with non-reflective surface etch.
- Operating temperatures
Storage: -30 deg C to +70 deg C (-22 deg F to 158 deg F)
Operating: -15 deg C to +60 deg F (5 deg F to 140 deg F)
Lower operating temperature is fine but the display may take a few minutes to warm up.
- Robust, composite and aluminum housing with control rich user interface including user assignable buttons and 2 rotary controls.
- Alarm light on front panel with acknowledge key.
Odyssey Hardware Platform
- On-board advanced 16 channel GPS
- Altitude, airspeed and angle-of-attack (AOA) pressure sensors
- Transponder altitude encoder output (parallel Gillman code).
- RS232 NMEA output dedicated to autopilot interface and similar applications
- RS232 output for general purpose use, intended primarily for use with attitude sensors made by third party vendors or navigation radios (VOR, ILS, DME, etc.)
- MGL Avionics Airtalk multi master interface (2 x). Primarily intended for MGL Avionics attitude and compass sensors and system extension modules.
- Audio output for voice and sound synthesizer. High level to drive a speaker and low level for interface with aircraft intercom system
- Provision to power backup battery with built in float charging circuit to ensure long battery life
- Secured supply output for supply of critical sensors in case of main power failure
- USB device port
- USB host port (2 x)
- Low power design with wide supply voltage range. System operates from as little as 6V DC (reduced display brightness) and is suitable for 24/28V systems.
- Ability to support displays from a variety of manufacturers and types from advanced temperature compensated passive displays to various types of TFT displays. Standard displays with 800-1000 nits brightness and full readability with sunlight directly on the display surface
- 20 key tactile membrane keypad, easy to clean and moisture/dust proof
- SD card slot for data transfer to and from system, also used to hold map data. Will accept MMC cards as well but these are slightly slower in operation
- Alarm outputs in the form of on-screen alarm messages, voice audio output, switched output (switch an external alarm light for example), alarm panel light and external alarm array output via I/O extender
Interfaces (highlighted items are not included with Enigma - only Odyssey and Voyager):
RS232 port 1 - NAV/COM radio, FLARM, ZAON XRX traffic systems, serial altitude encoder output
RS232 port 2 - NMEA autopilot output / external GPS input
ARINC429 - 1 x TX, 3 x RX. Normal and high speed. TX->Autopilot messages, RX->NAV radios, traffic information systems (ARINC 735).
USB Host - 2 x. Interconnect between multiple panels, MGL communications peripherals (Weather systems etc).
USB Device - 1 x.Interconnect between multiple panels (slave connection).
CAN (J1939). Automotive multidrop communications interface.
Analog - 4 x +/-150mV analog differential inputs for connection to older generation NAV receivers (ILS, Glide slope and flags).
Audio - high and low level outputs for audio voice prompts.
Airtalk - 2 x multidrop communications bus (MGL propriety bus). Used to connect MGL attitude and compass sensors.
Gillman altitude encoder output (standard parallel output bus).
Input for Rotor speed sensor (Rotor craft usage only).
GPS antenna input for active GPS antennas (SMA connector).
One input to 12V nominal supply. System operates from 6V to 28V.
One input/output for optional rechargeable backup battery (recomended sealed lead acid, 2-5A/H capacity). Built in current limited charger.
One secure 12V supply output for connection of vital equipment (AHRS, compass sensor, engine monitor(s)).
Odyssey Software Platform
- FlightOps (tm), our proprietary operating system.
- Standard Odyssey application software with support for user designed screen layouts
- Flexible setup with metric or imperial/US units of measure
Odyssey capabilities with standard software and hardware
- Altimeter -700 to 40,000 ft, 1ft dynamic resolution in flight at sea-level.
- Airspeed 16 mph to 250 mph, 1mph resolution. Other ranges for special applications available
- Vertical speed +/-2000 ft/min analog range, +/-10.000 ft/min digital range. Fast response suitable for gliders
- Total energy compensated vertical speed indicator (in addition to normal indicator) without requirement for additional pressure compensation ports
- VSI/TE VSI history moving data display for thermalling and soaring
- Altitude encoder output (parallel gillman code) for mode-C transponders
- NMEA autopilot output (4800 / 9600 baud, RS232, messages RMB, RMC, GGA)
- Airtalk link support for optional SP-3, SP-4, SP-5 AHRS systems and SP-1, SP-2 Compass modules. Airtalk link also used to share data in multipanel mode systems
- Support for Stratomaster Ultra Horizon XL as secondary instrument (Ultra uses data from Enigma)
- Engine monitoring support by means of one or two RDAC units. RDAC units can be used for either two engines or combined for engines that require a large amount of monitoring channels
- With two RDAC units maximum monitoring capability is: 24 channels of EGT/CHT thermocouples, six channels for NTC temperature probes (coolant, oil temperature, Rotax 912 CHT), 2 channels oil pressure, 2 fuel flows, 4 fuel tank levels, 2 RPM monitors. Further support for fuel pressure and carburetor temperature monitoring
- Rotor craft support, separate rotor RPM input not reliant on RDAC units
- Support for optonal Airtalk I/O extender for monitoring of flap, gear and trim and similar items, both switched (on/off) as well as analog inputs (value). Outputs to switch various alarm type indicators
- Support for optional Airtalk battery current monitor to measure charge/discharge currents
- GPS based navigation engine with large capacity waypoint/airport database (up to 50,000 waypoints). Active waypoint management during flight, and the closest waypoints are always on hand without need to search for them.
- Support for different airport types, intersections, altitude change waypoints (vertical navigation), navaids, etc.
- Moving map support using actual raster maps as backdrop. Ability to use any digital map image including scanned images. Full support for user-created maps using Windows PC-based Mapmaker software package. Degree tile based raster map file format for seamless map coverage
- Moving map support for vector based database format, in combination with raster image backdrop maps or terrain elevation data
- Terrain awareness monitoring
- Airspace monitoring and alerts
- 3D terrain map views
- Traffic monitoring (available on a regional basis depending on various systems and integration schedules)