Face: 212mm x 141mm (8.35" x 5.5")
Screen: 121mm x 91mm (4.75" x 3.6")
Mounting depth: 5" (incl. wiring)
Click here to view dimensions (popup)
Enigma display: 925 grams (2 lbs)
RDAC: Approx 300 grams (10 oz)
SP-2 + SP-4: 135 grams (5 oz)
Senders not included
- Power Usage
Enigma at full brightness at 12V: Less than 800 mA.
SP-4: 80 mA with heater on
SP-2: 50 mA
RDAC: 80 mA max
(Use 5.0 Amp Fuse/Circuit Breaker)
- High brightness wide-viewing angle TFT display (1,600+ nits). Sunlight viewable. One of the brightest screens available that is sunlight viewable. Note: The more pixels you have, the more light is diffused and the less sunlight-readable the display is. We have chosen our display for best sunlight-readability.
- Display resolution/size: ¼ VGA (320x240) at 5.7 inches diagonal
- Adjustable display contrast and backlight.
- User interface: 20 keys including full numeric keypad and navigation keys.
- Alarm light on front panel with acknowledge key.
Enigma Hardware Platform
- ARM 926JE 32 bit main processor with 160K high speed static memory, 16K code and 16K data cache. 4.0 MByte very low power, fully static radiation resistant RAM – nonvolatile.
- 4.0 Mbyte advanced Flash memory for program storage (executable access).
- Main processor and memories on replaceable module allowing easy system upgrades.
- All memories with 32 bit datapath.
- ARM 7 core processor exclusively dedicated to GPS navigation.
- ATMega128 processor responsible for data acquisition, audio synthesis and general system control and monitoring
- On-board advanced 16 channel GPS
- Altitude, airspeed and angle-of-attack (AOA) pressure sensors
- Transponder altitude encoder output (parallel Gillman code).
- RS232 NMEA output dedicated to autopilot interface and similar applications
- RS232 output for general purpose use, intended primarily for use with attitude sensors made by third party vendors or navigation radios (VOR, ILS, DME, etc.)
- MGL Avionics Airtalk multi master interface (2 x). Primarily intended for MGL Avionics attitude and compass sensors and system extension modules.
- Audio output for voice and sound synthesizer. High level to drive a speaker and low level for interface with aircraft intercom system
- Provision to power backup battery with built in float charging circuit to ensure long battery life
- Secured supply output for supply of critical sensors in case of main power failure
- USB device port
- USB host port (2 x)
- Low power design with wide supply voltage range. System operates from as little as 6V DC (reduced display brightness) and is suitable for 24/28V systems.
- Ability to support displays from a variety of manufacturers and types from advanced temperature compensated passive displays to various types of TFT displays. Standard displays with 800-1000 nits brightness and full readability with sunlight directly on the display surface
- 20 key tactile membrane keypad, easy to clean and moisture/dust proof
- SD card slot for data transfer to and from system, also used to hold map data. Will accept MMC cards as well but these are slightly slower in operation
- Alarm outputs in the form of on-screen alarm messages, voice audio output, switched output (switch an external alarm light for example), alarm panel light and external alarm array output via I/O extender
Enigma Software Platform
- FlightOps (tm), our proprietary operating system.
- Standard Enigma application software with support for user designed screen layouts
- Flexible setup with metric or imperial/US units of measure
Enigma capabilities with standard software and hardware
- Altimeter -700 to 40,000 ft, 1ft dynamic resolution in flight at sea-level.
- Airspeed 16 mph to 250 mph, 1mph resolution. Other ranges for special applications available
- Vertical speed +/-2000 ft/min analog range, +/-10.000 ft/min digital range. Fast response suitable for gliders
- Total energy compensated vertical speed indicator (in addition to normal indicator) without requirement for additional pressure compensation ports
- VSI/TE VSI history moving data display for thermalling and soaring
- Altitude encoder output (parallel gillman code) for mode-C transponders
- NMEA autopilot output (4800 baud, RS232, messages RMB, RMC, GGA)
- Airtalk link support for optional SP-3, SP-4, SP-5 AHRS systems and SP-1, SP-2 Compass modules. Airtalk link also used to share data in multipanel mode systems
- Support for Stratomaster Ultra Horizon XL as secondary instrument (Ultra uses data from Enigma)
- Engine monitoring support by means of one or two RDAC units. RDAC units can be used for either two engines or combined for engines that require a large amount of monitoring channels
- With two RDAC units maximum monitoring capability is: 24 channels of EGT/CHT thermocouples, six channels for NTC temperature probes (coolant, oil temperature, Rotax 912 CHT), 2 channels oil pressure, 2 fuel flows, 4 fuel tank levels, 2 RPM monitors. Further support for fuel pressure and carburetor temperature monitoring
- Rotor craft support, separate rotor RPM input not reliant on RDAC units
- Support for optonal Airtalk I/O extender for monitoring of flap, gear and trim and similar items, both switched (on/off) as well as analog inputs (value). Outputs to switch various alarm type indicators
- Support for optional Airtalk battery current monitor to measure charge/discharge currents
- GPS based navigation engine with large capacity waypoint/airport database (up to 50,000 waypoints). Active waypoint management during flight, and the closest waypoints are always on hand without need to search for them.
- Support for different airport types, intersections, altitude change waypoints (vertical navigation), navaids, etc.
- Moving map support using actual raster maps as backdrop. Ability to use any digital map image including scanned images. Full support for user-created maps using Windows PC-based Mapmaker software package. Degree tile based raster map file format for seamless map coverage
- Moving map support for vector based database format, in combination with raster image backdrop maps or terrain elevation data
- Terrain awareness monitoring
- Airspace monitoring and alerts
- 3D terrain map views
- Traffic monitoring (available on a regional basis depending on various systems and integration schedules)